WHAT DO WE DO?
Members join in twice-monthly General Meetings at Mere & Tabley Community Club (Previously known as Mere Parish Club) for a social coffee and a chat, followed by a brief Club business meeting setting out forthcoming activities, and then by a talk from an excellent invited speaker. After that, the bar is open for those who wish to continue with the social side of our activity.
Mere & Tabley Community Club (Previously known as Mere Parish Club) is accessed from the A50 coming from Knutsford, by a road on the left hand side, just before the main junction with the A556.
In addition to these regular meetings, we encourage members to participate in our regular special topics, which include:
- A Walking Section which meets normally twice a month
- A Bowls Section which practices Crown Green Bowls and matches against other local Probus Clubs
- A Discussion Section which meets monthly at a local hostelry for a discussion and debate on an agreed topic of interest
- An IT Section which meets monthly to exchange ideas and experience on computing in general and hardware and software, including applications for PCs, Laptops and Tablets
- A Bridge Section which holds enjoyable Supper and Bridge evenings for members and spouses during the winter months
- A very active Social Events Section, which includes Day Outings to interesting Stately Homes, Gardens, Factory Tours, Museums and other places of interest locally and further afield; Theatre trips to Gawsworth, Buxton and Manchester, for example; and Holidays for members and spouses, staying at good hotels in pleasant destinations and providing a wide choice of organised and individual activities
- A Dining Section, which holds four Members’ Lunches, and a Summer and Christmas Lunch for members and spouses.
In addition we do proactively keep widows of past-members involved in appropriate activities.